|First||Previous (PUBLIC SAFETY (POWERS OF ARREST AND DETENTION) TEMPORARY ACT, 1924)|
PUBLIC SAFETY (POWERS OF ARREST AND DETENTION) TEMPORARY ACT, 1924
1. Inciting persons to engage in an attempt to overthrow by violence the established form of Government of Saorstát Eireann or organising or otherwise assisting or encouraging any such attempt.
2. Unlawfully inducing or attempting to induce any officer of the Government of Saorstát Eireann to refuse, neglect or omit to discharge his duty as such officer.
3. Having possession without lawful authority of—
(a) any lethal firearm or other weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged; or
(b) any ammunition for any such firearm or weapon; or
(c) any grenade, bomb or other similar missile, whether capable of being used with any such firearm or weapon or not; or
(d) any land mine or other similar explosive machine; or
(e) any dynamite, gelignite or other explosive substance; or
(f) any component part or ingredient of any such article or substance aforesaid.
4. Having possession without lawful authority of any article of clothing, equipment or accoutrement or any arms or ammunition belonging or issued to any member of the military or police forces of Saorstát Eireann.
5. Putting on or assuming without authority the uniform or any part of the uniform of any branch of the military or police forces of Saorstát Eireann.
6. Assuming the name, designation or description of any rank, or of any member, of the military or police forces of Saorstát Eireann for the purpose of doing or procuring to be done any act which the person assuming such name, designation or description would not by law be entitled to do or procure to be done of his own authority.
7. Wrongful entry on and retention of possession of land without colour or pretence of title or authority.
8. Robbery under arms; that is to say, robbing or attempting to rob while armed with any offensive or apparently offensive weapon or instrument.
9. Arson; that is to say, unlawfully setting fire or attempting to set fire to any house, factory, barn, haggard, workshop, or other building, or any agricultural property, food supplies for man or beast, or any other property of any nature or kind, movable or immovable, public or private, including standing trees and crops.
10. Unlawfully injuring or destroying or attempting to injure or destroy any house, factory, barn, haggard, workshop, or other building, or any agricultural property, food supplies for man or beast, or any other property of any nature or kind, movable or immovable, public or private, including standing trees and crops.
11. Unlawfully interfering with or preventing the lawful occupation, use or enjoyment of any land or premises.
12. Obstructing or attempting to obstruct the administration of justice.
13. Knowingly aiding, abetting, assisting in, or encouraging the commission of, or conspiring to commit, any of the offences mentioned in this schedule, or helping in the concealment or escape of any person guilty of any such offence.