|First||Previous (HOUSING ACT, 1925)||Next (SECOND SCHEDULE. Part I. Grants which may be made in respect of houses.)|
HOUSING ACT, 1925
RULES TO BE COMPLIED WITH BY HOUSES TO WHICH THIS ACT APPLIES.
1. In these rules the expression “floor area” means the total area of all the floors of a house measured in the prescribed manner.
2. A self-contained flat in a reconstructed house shall contain at least two rooms and the floor area thereof shall not be less than 400 square feet.
3. The floor area of a house shall not exceed 1,250 sq. ft.
4. A house not being a self-contained flat in a reconstructed house shall contain at least three rooms and the floor area thereof shall not be less than 500 square feet.
5. The erection or reconstruction of a house shall have been begun after the passing of this Act, and shall have been completed within eighteen months from the passing of this Act, or within such further period not exceeding four months as the Minister in any particular case may allow.
6. A reconstructed house shall be situated in either a borough, or an urban district, or a town having commissioners under the Towns Improvement (Ireland) Act, 1854, or within 880 yards of any of the areas aforesaid, or within a town having no commissioners as aforesaid, of which the population, according to the latest census return, is at least 500.
7. A house shall in respect of its site, aspect, planning, construction, sanitation and number per acre comply with the prescribed conditions.
8. A house shall in respect of the size, number of rooms and necessary appurtenances be in general accordance with prescribed plans or with such other plans as may be approved by the Minister.